okay, so you might be able to guess from the title of this post that i am about DONE with this effing year.
I’m going to list the bullhockey that happened this year – as bulletpoints – but, since I haven’t posted since my Chocolate Cream Pie photo on Thanksgiving, I do have to mention one extremely important item.
On December 4th, 2011, Gigglemom passed away. Yeah, she’s pinin’ for the fjords. Over the past 12 years of blogging I can’t believe i frigging waited almost an entire month before I posted about her death.
She died at home. In her sleep. Peacefully. (She and I always joked around that she would die whilst choking on a piece of rice or during a coughing fit. but she didn’t. and I am grateful that she just, for lack of a better cliche, “slipped away”)
That said (I’ve been whinging about it on my facebook page since the 4th, so, if you’re not over there — Erin Gigglechick Bennett — then you are SOOOOOO missing out on my annoying status updates.)
Speaking of updates… yeah yeah, i am going to try to update the blog more often — I need to.
NOW FOR THE LIST OF 2011 CRAPOLA
• February, Phooka (my MINI) was repo’d — and not by Emilio Estevez. The police had to be called because I locked myself in the car and held it hostage for an hour as the tow truck guy had it hooked up. ON THE POSITIVE SIDE: Giggledad and my stepmom lent me the money to pay it off and are patiently waiting for me to get on my feet again.
• Gigglemom went into the hospital from Feb 10 to 21st then was in the rehab where she coded on March 1st and they performed CPR on her when she was DNR…. in turn, breaking 12 ribs, 17 fractures in them, 3 compression fractures in her spine and fractured her sternum. She then was in the hospital from march 1 through April 7th.
• while GMom was in the hospital, my GiggleAunt Judy wound up on a different floor and GAJ and GM wound up tag teaming between the ICU and regular rooms and rehab stints…. unfortunately, GiggleAunt Judy passed away at the age of 64 on April 9th.
• GMom wound up back in the hospital on April 25th and then was in the rehab until mid-july.
• in August we had a falling out with our neighbors – who are on the condo board.
• September gigglemom receives a notice that the condo board is suing her and will try to get the condo to be foreclosed on. I wind up taking the financial reins and try to get things straightened out. Finally I was able to pay a lump sum of $$$ on november 15th (with a balance of $9600 due still)
• On December 4th, Gigglemom passes away.
I’m trying to remember what else on the negative side has happened. I’m putting it all in the past.
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF 2011:
• My nephew Sean – who was diagnosed with pediatric cancer last October 2010 – was given a clean bill of health/scans over the summer. Thank GOD.
• I have been working closely with Dave Attell on his show Dave’s Old Porn and designing the website for that. This has been the highlight of my year – not only because it’s a reeeeeally funny show, but, because he’s just one of the best people I could ever know. A really nice, decent guy.
• Gigglepup was certified as a Therapy Dog (haven’t gone out to do therapy work with her yet, but, she’s certified.)
YEAH. THAT is about it for 2011 positive stuff.
Here’s to 2012 being fantastic. (Heck, it can’t get worse than losing both my Gigglemom and My GiggleAunt in the same year…. 2012, DO NOT TAKE THAT AS A CHALLENGE)
Well, it’s 10:53pm on the 31st. I’m at home on this New Year’s Eve, mainly because I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with people face to face… and also because i am trying to de-clutter the condo today and tomorrow (and most likely over the next month) as well as de-clutter my body…
I re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-joined Weight Watchers today… so, 2011 you will be the last year to ever see me at the weight of 236 EFFING TUBBYGUT (thanks to my friend hines for coining that phrase today) POUNDS
Here’s to 2012 being MY year (and your year, too, but this is my blog and i am looking forward to focusing on myself this year… since the past 8 years I have been Gigglemom’s caregiver.)
So, 2011…. you’ve certainly made me stronger, but, I hope 2012 makes me happier.